Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spicy Prawn Stir Fry

The foundation of this recipe comes from the Best of Bridge: Best of the Best collection, and as usual with recipes I use, I have tweaked it.  It is a healthy and delicious meal!


Ingredients


  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 med-large white onion
  • 2-3 tablespoons ginger, minced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 3 med carrots, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups of broccoli
  • 2-4 baby bok choy, roughly chopped
  • 1 med zucchini, chopped
  • 6-8 brown or white mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 c snow peas, ends cut off and chopped in half
  • Side of wild rice
  • 1 pound prawns

Sauce

  • 1/2 C ketchup
  • 1/2 C chicken stock
  • 4 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons worcestershire
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon (heaping) cayenne pepper


Directions


Heat oil to high, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for one minute.  Add carrots, broccoli, celery and  bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.  Add sauce and remaining vegetables and bring to a boil.  Once mixture is boiling turn heat down to medium and cover, add prawns and give a stir.  Every couple of minutes give the mixture a stir.  When prawns are pink and cooked through remove from heat and serve on top of wild rice.


1 comment:

  1. yum this sounds amazing! I just found your blog and I look forward to reading more :) p.s. I would love to follow your teacher blog too. I am also a teacher and would love to hear about your adventures! If you are ok with me following just come leave me a message on my blog!

    ReplyDelete